Wine was an alcoholic beverage made of fermented fruit juice, usually from grapes. The natural chemical balance of grapes lets them ferment without the addition of sugars, acids, enzymes, or other nutrients. Grape wine was produced by fermenting crushed grapes using various types of yeast. Yeast consumes the sugars in the grapes and converts them into alcohol. Different varieties of grapes and strains of yeasts produce different types of wine.
Behind the scenes
- In the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, a dead skeleton was seen drinking a bottle of wine, which trickles through his exposed rib cage. This was adapted into the first film, The Curse of the Black Pearl, in which Captain Barbossa drinks the wine in his cursed skeletal form.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (ride)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (game)
- The Price of Freedom
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides