| "We are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things."|
The title of this article is conjectural.
|Weatherby Swann's mansion|
|Behind the scenes|
- "You have a name, Missy?"
"Elizabeth... Turner. I'm a maid in the Governor's household."
- ―Hector Barbossa and Elizabeth Swann[src]
This grand mansion was the residence of Governor Weatherby Swann, his daughter Elizabeth Swann and their staff in Port Royal following their crossing from England. Set in the fashionable St. Paul's district, Governor Swann's grand mansion is far from the squalor of Port Royal's docks and slums.
HistoryThe grand mansion was situated far from the squalor of Port Royal's docks and slums. It came under siege when the Black Pearl launched an attack on Port Royal. Lured by the Gold Medallion that Elizabeth Swann wore around her neck, the pirates storm the governor's mansion to kidnap her. The mansion was devastated by cannonfire, and many of its valuables plundered by the cursed pirates. By the time Weatherby returned to his wrecked home, Elizabeth was already sailing from the port, a captive of Captain Hector Barbossa's crew. 
A year after Elizabeth's rescue and the defeat of the cursed crew of the Black Pearl, Lord Cutler Beckett arrived and gained control over Port Royal by order of King George himself. It is unknown what became of the mansion after Weatherby Swann's murder in the hands of Beckett.
Notable Residents and Staff
Behind the scenes
- For Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, scenes in Fort Charles was built on a three-acre bluff on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, south of Los Angeles, on the site of Marineland, a one-time amusement park (near the Point Vicente Lighthouse seen in Pearl Harbor). The Governor's elaborate mansion was also built here, while the interior being a set at Raleigh Studios in Manhattan Beach, a little further north up the coast. Dining room, bedrooms, hallways, linen closet, a first and second floor foyer and staircase—which the crew promptly destroyed with cannon blasts.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Breakout! (Indirect mention only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online