|For other uses, see Walk the Plank (disambiguation)|
Walk the plank was a term used, most notably by pirates, to force a person to walk to one's death by stepping off a plank extending from the ship's side over the water. Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann were forced to walk the plank by Hector Barbossa aboard the Black Pearl. The infamous undead captain Jolly Roger is known to make pirates walk the plank.
Behind the scenes
- While filming a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl where Elizabeth Swann had to walk the plank, young Keira Knightley stood on a plank for two days, later admitting to be "absolutely petrified" by the experience. At the end when the time came for her to jump off the plank, director Gore Verbinski offered to use her stunt double (Sonja Jo McDancer), Keira insisted on doing it herself saying, "I've been standing up here for two days, do you really think that I'm not going to jump of this thing?"
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (video game)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Mentioned only)