Happy belated Season Greetings...or whatever. Before I get to the topic in question, I should send my apologies for those following that noticed I haven't been posting and/or editing as often. But for those who didn't follow the news, as posted year or so ago, I suppose it's now appropriate for me to say I am semi-retired...the rest I'll let the linked post serve for me. So there, I've said it in two posts instead of just one.
With all that out of the way, to the topic in question...
Once again, the New Year has come again. Unlike the last couple of years, 2015 didn't seem to be too eventful for the Pirates franchise, at least in my most humble opinion. Still, there was some POTC-related activity going on somewhere in the Mouse's House...
- The fifth installment, titled Dead Men Tell No Tales, filmed in Australia from February 17 to July 21.
- From June 8 to September 25, Pirates of the Caribbean from Walt Disney World closed for a refurbishment. In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, the ride reopened with more elements from On Stranger Tides were added.
- A bit small, but the D23 Expo did provide a sneak peek on the new Shanghai Disney Resort. Of course it included the Treasure Cove area which features a new attraction, Battle for the Sunken Treasure.
But enough of the past, let's head to the future. Now that it's 2016, we're in the year where several events of potential importance should be anticipated for celebration:
- July 7 - The 10th anniversary of the release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
- Somewhere in 2016 - Two things, really, as there are no official dates (yet) set in stone. One of which is indeed the trailer for Dead Men Tell No Tales, which I'm positive we'll see by the end of this year. The second, a little more anticipated for those living near Shanghai, the grand opening of Treasure Cove area in Shanghai Disneyland.
And before anyone asks, I'll go ahead and answer. While I did make a big deal about a film's anniversary 3 years ago (wow, that long?!), so far as to redecorate the Wiki and created several blog posts commemorating the event. Sadly, the best I could do with what I have at this point—time and tide, all that&dmash;I could only do the Main Page, utilize the DMC logo in the gallery links, and of course the blog post you're reading right now. So yes, that will mean I have no plans for celebrating the second or any other installment(s) of the franchise. Well, I'm disappointed I'm trying to make a good thing with the anniversary with adding not-so-good news.
But enough about my twaddle-speak, are you ready for what 2016 may have to offer? Please comment below! :)