On his promotional tour for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, actor Orlando Bloom was interviewed about his possible involvement in the Pirates franchise. He revealed the possibility of a reboot, which may lead to something that will focus on the relationship between Will Turner and his son "Young Will Turner". While speaking with IGN, Bloom says the following...
- "I'm not entirely sure that [I'll be back] just yet, but there are talks. Basically they want to reboot the whole franchise, I think, and do something with me and the relationship with my son. I’m of course Davy Jones now, so I’m down the bottom of the ocean. It might be kind of fun to do something where I’m rumbling round the bottom of the ocean, because I won’t look anythin…
Just about a month after Brenton Thwaites was reported to appear in Pirates 5, it's been reported today that Disney has one last major role to cast for its next installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. According to Variety, five actresses are being tested for a love interest for Thwaites' British soldier "Henry", and Disney intends to have it cast before taking a holiday break. Some of the actresses on the list include: Lucy Boynton (Miss Potter), Gabriella Wilde (Endless Love and Carrie), Jenna Thiam (The Returned), Kaya Scodelario (The Maze Runner) and Alexandra Dowling (The Musketeers and Hammer of the Gods) are up for the role.
Whoever gets cast (in the next week or so) will star alongside Thwaites, Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush an…Read more >
Rumored to have been up for the part late last month, actor Brenton Thwaites may have an appearance (if not a large role) in the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film. According to a story at TheWrap, Thwaites is in talks for the role of "Henry", said to be a British soldier. Nothing else is currently known about the character, other than the part is possibly similar to that of Orlando Bloom's Will Turner and/or Sam Claflin's Philip Swift.
Thwaites also made appearances throughout this year in Maleficent and The Giver. The young star recently completed production on Alex Proyas' Gods of Egypt, set for release February 12, 2016.
Regarding already-known actors that will appear in Pirates 5...Read more >
Johnny Depp is set to return as Captain Jack Sparrow in his n…
In the wake of recent interviews with Lee Arenberg and Mackenzie Crook, in which the two ignited their possible return to the fifth Pirates, there is another semi-cryptic message from Martin Klebba (aka Marty) who made a very interesting Twitter post just yesterday:
- coming to an ocean near you! Now where did we leave that rum! The bands gettin back together! @exkevinmcnally @leearenberg #potc #pirates
To make this even more interesting, Klebba made replies with Kevin R. McNally (aka one Joshamee Gibbs), which seems to all but confirms their return...
- McNally: @MartinKlebba You joining us Marty?
- Klebba: @exkevinmcnally looks that way Pops! I hope Macca comes so Lee will be
- McNally: @MartinKlebba Me too. I'm sure he will.
Assuming this this true, and t…
Read more >
- An ongoing question has been the fate of our beloved characters Pintel and Ragetti, whether they should be 'brought back' in the story of the fourth film, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES (OST). Because we have two world-class actors (Lee Arenberg and Mackenzie Crook), the roles have to be meaty enough to be worth their time, no one is going to ask them to stand in the background as part of a ship's crew. One of the toughest decisions on the production, but the choice was made to wait, and attempt to being them back if there is another sequel.
The above summary courtesy of the first paragraph of We Sail With the Tide (the latest of Terry Rossio's "Tales from the Set")
Why bring this up? Firstly, who doesn't want to talk about Pint…Read more >