The title says it all, now that POTCO is closed, should it be considered non-canon? I would say: no. Here is my reasonig:
- The no-shooting-living-people rule.
- The fact that no one has mentioned Jolly Roger or his army.
- How Jack became a pirate lord. It is nowhere mentioned you can be booted out. And with Sao Feng's line (The only reason i would want Jack Sparrow back from the land of the dead is so I COULD SEND HIM BACK MYSELF!!!!'") makes me wonder why they would think Jack would be a better choice.
- How the Queen Anne's Revenge is sunk in this but back from the depths in On Stranger Tides.
- How Jack Sparrow takes over the Revenge in this but Blackbeard never mentions this.
- Where was Blackbeard in the first place?
So what do you think? Do you think POTCO is canon or not? If the former, can you explain in-universe the things that are on this list? Tell me below.