- "We made port in Martinique, and we were unloading the cargo. Precious stuff, those spices. Worth their weight in gold—literally."
- ―Jean Magliore
A spice was a dried seed, fruit, root, bark, or vegetative substance primarily used for flavouring, colouring or preserving food. Sometimes a spice was used to hide other flavours. Spices were distinguished from herbs, which were parts of leafy green plants also used for flavouring or as garnish.
- Jack Sparrow: The Siren Song (First mentioned)
- The Price of Freedom (First appearance)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Turning Tide (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Mentioned only)