- "I'd been studyin' him through me spyglass, and I had me suspicions. The ship was a sloop, Bermuda rigged, common vessel, especially in these parts."
- ―Hector Barbossa to pirates at Shipwreck Cove[src]
A sloop was a fore-and-aft rigged ship type, normally with only one mast although larger ships with two or even three masts were referred to as sloops-of-war or war sloops.
Sloops were used both as merchant as pirate ships, in fact it was the most common type of pirate ships as they were fast and agile and required a very small minimal crew (even a one-man crew could be enough for a small sloop) but could also carry up to 100 men. Pirate sloops normally carried 60 to 80 crewmen and 0 to 16 cannons on one deck on the sides. The British Royal Navy sloops had a comparable crew and artillery but merchant ships had much smaller crews.
- Grim Reaper
- French Blood Scourge
- French Cerberus
- French Shadow Crow
- Sea Viper
- Spanish Blood Scourge
- Spanish Cerberus
- Spanish Shadow Crow
Behind the scenes Edit
- The sloop is one of the four ship classes in Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (game) (First appearance)
- Jack Sparrow: The Age of Bronze
- The Price of Freedom
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (video game)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest