- "Shipwreck Cove is a fortress. A well-supplied fortress."
- "Teague's apparently called for an official court of inquiry. Evidence will be presented to the Pirate Lords here at Shipwreck Cove."
- ―Jack Sparrow
Shipwreck Cove was located in the crater of a dead volcano, and its mass was comprised of hundreds of wrecked ships. Any ship wishing to reach the Cove was first forced to pass into the island through the Devil's Throat, a narrow passage that claimed several vessels each year.
Behind the scenesEdit
- For At World's End, scenes at Shipwreck Cove, including the Pirate Council Chamber, were filmed at Walt Disney Studios as one of the last sets built on Disney's Stage 2 for the Pirates trilogy. "Shipwreck Cove was conceived by Gore as kind of a retirement home for old pirates, comprised of the wrecked hulls of various ships hidden in a volcano," notes production designer Rick Heinrichs. "The Brethren Court meet in one of those hulls, and outside of the structure we've extended the set with a 300-foot-long painted backing which has been beautifully designed and painted in the good, old-fashioned Hollywood tradition."
- The Price of Freedom
- Tales of the Code: Wedlocked
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game) (First appearance)