Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Seven Seas is a phrase commonly used in reference to seven of the major oceans of the world. The phrase could also be used to indicate the entirety of the world itself.
The phrase first appeared in a hymn written in around 2300 BC in the city of Sumer, and was later taken up by the Greeks and Romans. In ancient times, seven was sometimes used to indicate "many" or "several". Seven is the biblical representation of completeness. The phrase commonly referred to the following seas:
- Black Sea
- Caspian Sea
- Persian Gulf
- Red Sea
- Mediterranean Sea, including its marginal seas, notably the Adriatic Sea (which is listed separately among the Seven Seas) and the Aegan Sea.
- Indian Ocean or Arabian Sea (which is part of the Indian Ocean)
- Jack Sparrow: The Sword of Cortés (Mentioned only)
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First mentioned)