| "We are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things."|
The title of this article is conjectural.
|Behind the scenes|
Destroyed by the Kraken
This ship was a vessel attacked and split in two by the Kraken for unknown reasons. Jack Sparrow told Will Turner that this ship was the Flying Dutchman, though it transpired that the real Dutchman surfaced next to the wreck while Will was on board. On board the ship, Will encountered the crew in various conditions. There was a crew member manning some rigging, one hid behind a cargo net and another hanging from the rigging, apparently dead. Another crew member is spouted onto the deck, only for Will to find that his face had been sucked off by the Kraken's suckers. The ship's crew were attacked by the Dutchman's crew along with Will. They were then faced with Davy Jones to be recruited onto the Dutchman. The ship's chaplain was killed by Davy Jones' crew, because he told them not to listen to Davy, while others were recruited along with Turner (who never actually swore an oath).
Behind the scenes
- This ship was portrayed by the destroyed Edinburgh Trader set.
- In At World's End (video game) this ship looks like the ship of the line.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
|Other ships in Pirates of the Caribbean|