|For other uses, see Redhead (disambiguation)|
|Behind the scenes|
- "Jack, you promised to take us for a ride."
"I was to be given the first ride."
"What? You? Not what he said."
- ―Scarlett and Giselle[src]
Scarlett was a woman who resided in a house in Tortuga during the Age of Piracy. She and Giselle were believed to be prostitutes. Scarlett had bright red hair and was typically seen wearing a red dress with an excessive amount of blush on her face.
- "Scarlett! [Scarlett slaps Jack] Not sure if I deserved that."
- ―Jack Sparrow before and after Scarlett slaps him.[src]
Scarlett had a history with Jack Sparrow, but developed animosity towards him which manifested itself in a slap to the face upon seeing Jack again in Tortuga. Jack commented that he hadn't deserved the slap, though one from Giselle moments later was, as he believed, more justified.Despite the divide between them, Scarlett and Giselle were often seen in each others' company in Tortuga, and were both approached by William Turner a year later, during the latter's search for Sparrow, though Scarlett claimed Jack had not been seen for over a month.
Jack was ultimately reunited with Scarlett following his rescue from Davy Jones' Locker and end of the Battle of Calypso's maelstrom, and was again greeted with a slap after admitting he loved neither Scarlett nor Giselle. Joshamee Gibbs departed with Scarlett and Giselle as Jack set off on his quest to find the Fountain of Youth.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Scarlett was portrayed by Lauren Maher in The Curse of the Black Pearl, Dead Man's Chest, At World's End, and Wedlocked. Nika Futterman provided the voice in The Legend of Jack Sparrow.
- Scarlett was based on the redheaded wench in the Auction scene of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, commonly referred to as the "Redhead". When she was adapted into the Pirates films, the character was given the name "Scarlett" because of her red hair.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Tales of the Code: Wedlocked
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: Tales of the Code: Wedlocked
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- ↑ Wordplay Forums: Re: Just a small question for T. and T.