|For other uses, see Sailor (disambiguation)|
- "You know of Davy Jones, yes? A man of the sea. A great sailor."
- ―Tia Dalma concerning Davy Jones[src]
A sailor, mariner, or seaman was a person who navigated water-borne vessels or assists in their operation or maintenance. The term can apply to pirates, professional mariners, military personnel, and recreational sailors as well as a plethora of other uses. Etymologically, the name preserves the memory of the time when ships were commonly powered by sails, but it applies to the personnel of all vessels, whatever their mode of locomotion.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides