- "Friends of yours?"
"I may have unintentionally slighted some King or another."
- ―Angelica and Jack Sparrow concerning Royal Guards[src]
- "Would someone please remove these infernal chains!"
- ―King George II and Jack Sparrow to Royal Guards[src]
The Royal Guards were able to capture Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs, by bribing a carriage driver to stop at St. James's Palace instead of the pirates' destination. Two Guardsmen immediately dragged Jack into an audience with the King, while the rest took Gibbs into custody as they prepared him for hanging at the gallows.
When Jack Sparrow caused a disturbance by escaping his meeting with King George, members of the Royal Guard were trying to control the situation, whether it was capturing Jack or protecting the King. After Jack escaped from the palace, the cavalry unit of the Guard led a chase through London, while the pirate was jumping from carriages to carriages. Jack was soon able to escape from them. However, one of the guards confronted Jack and was about to shoot him before being shot in the back by Jack's father, Captain Teague.
The Royal Guards then had a search party to look for Jack, and they were able to find him within the Captain's Daughter pub. A fight ensued within the storeroom between the Guard, Jack and Angelica. They had the two pirates cornered, but were unable to capture them, as they escaped through a trap door.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, the Royal Guard already captured Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs in London without paying the carriage driver.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (mobile game)
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (junior novelization)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: The Visual Guide