|For other uses, see Redhead (disambiguation)|
|Also known as||
|Behind the scenes|
- "We wants the redhead!"
- ―Drunk pirates on the "Redhead"
Redd, better known as the Redhead, was a wench from Isla Tesoro. She may have been the most popular girl in town, but looks can be deceiving. After being captured by the pirate Auctioneer, the Redhead participated in an auction for "brides", in which pirates disregarded Tiny for the fiery femme fatale.
Battle of Puerto DoradoEdit
After pirates invaded Puerto Dorado, the Auctioneer was selling women exclusively taken from the town in an auction. During the auction, the Auctioneer presented a "winsome wench" until a group of drunken pirates chanted that they wanted the sultry "redhead" of questionable repute, who was next in line to be auctioned. Other pirates who knew they had no chance with her tried to downgrade her by noting her infamous reputation.
When the Redhead began to show her leg seductively to the on-looking crowd of excited pirates, the Auctioneer demanded she cover herself up saying; "Strike your colors you brazen wench! No need to expose your superstructure!"
- "I'm not that kind of girl!"
"All evidence to the contrary."
- ―Redhead and Jack Sparrow
At some point following the auction in Puerto Dorado, the Redhead met the notorious pirate Captain Jack Sparrow. One day the Redhead found herself aboard Jack's ship, the Black Pearl. Standing on the forecastle, the pirate captain and wench were having an intimate discussion, but when Sparrow gave her an inappropriate proposal, the Redhead slapped him, saying that she wasn't that kind of girl. Sparrow replied that all evidence was to the contrary, to which the Redhead slapped him once again, furiously leaving the ship.
Redd the PirateEdit
In unknown circumstances the Redhead became a pirate herself, eventually becoming known as Redd. She joined the Auctioneer and his shipmates, participating in an auction where the possessions of the inhabitants of Puerto Dorado were being sold to the pirates that conquered the town.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Redhead would be adapted into the Pirates of the Caribbean films, where the character was named "Scarlett" because of her red hair.
- A portrait adorning the "Crew's Quarters" in Disneyland version of Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean is an original work by Marc Davis, a concept offering a "portrait of things to come" for the infamous Redhead. However it is unknown if this was intended as an instance of clever foreshadowing, as some have suggested the painting represented the Redhead guests meet later in the attraction's auction scene.
- The Redhead was played by Cerris Morgan-Moyer in the 2012 attraction The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow.
- In July 2017 the Redhead in Disneyland Paris was changed from a captive wench into a fearsome pirate who assist the Auctioneer with the auction. The wenches were removed from the scene and the pirates have to buy the loot from the Auctioneer. In November 2017 it was announced that the scene would be also changed in Walt Disney World Resort. The Walt Disney World version of the scene debuted on March 19, 2018, with the Redhead being given the name Redd and voiced by voice actress Grey DeLisle.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Wordplay Forums: Re: Just a small question for T. and T.
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies, p.82
- ↑ Dead Men... TELL NO TALES!
- ↑ Disney Set to Replace Auction Redhead Scene on Pirates of the Caribbean
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean Closing Early 2018 for Changes to Redhead Scene
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean reopens at Walt Disney World with new Redhead scene
- ↑ A dream is a wish your heart makes...and mine just came true! So honored to be a part of Disney history and as the liberated voice of The Redhead!