The administrators of the Pirates of the Caribbean wiki are users who moderate the wiki, and have access to special abilities.
What is an administrator?Edit
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot undelete them.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
What is a bureaucrat?Edit
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove admin access from any user. Please contact one of the community staff if you need this done.
How do I use administrator powers?Edit
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
List of administratorsEdit
- CJSFan (Inactive)
- Mandi (Inactive)
- Wanderingshadow (Inactive)
- Lord Cutler Beckett (Inactive)
- Kwenn (Inactive)
- Novajoe23 (Inactive)
- Lord Midhav
- Angelica Teach
- Captain Teague
- Lord Cutler Beckett
See Also: PotC Wiki:Requests for adminship
What can administrators not do?Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.