A portrait was a painting, sculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person. A portrait often shows a person looking directly at the painter, in order to most successfully engage the subject with the viewer.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A portrait adorning the "Crew's Quarters" in Disneyland version of Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean is an original work by Marc Davis, a concept offering a "portrait of things to come". However it is unknown if this was intended as an instance of clever foreshadowing, as some have suggested the painting represented the Redhead guests meet later in the attraction's auction scene.
- Jeremy Love's concept artworks for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales show several portraits hanging on the walls of Hector Barbossa's captain's cabin on the Queen Anne's Revenge.
- A portrait of Cutler Beckett can be seen in The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction.
- In LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, Ponce de León's portrait hangs on the wall of his cabin on the Santiago. The portrait shows him holding the Chalices of Cartagena.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (ride)
- The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)