Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Polly the Monkey|
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "Polly, that is the English name of a parrot."
"I did have a parrot named Polly once. A fine bird he was, but he messed up the shoulder of me jacket. But the Polly I lost after the battle was me little monkey. Pretty little thing, she was. Understood every word I said to her."
- ―Eduardo Villanueva and Hector Barbossa
- "I was in the water, no boat within reach. Me poor Polly had been holdin' on to me shoulder. She was wearin' her little blue dress, but suddenly she wasn't there and I couldn't see her. I swam under, gropin' through the water and the wreckage, tryin' to find her, but she was gone."
- ―Hector Barbossa
Polly was in the possession of Hector Barbossa when Barbossa was captain of a schooner called the Cobra. At some point, Barbossa's ship was attacked by rogue pirates, which ended with Barbossa loosing Polly during the battle. Polly's death is unknown, but from Barbossa's retelling of the battle, she presumably drowned.
Behind the scenes
- Polly wasn't Barbossa's only pet monkey. When he was captain of the Black Pearl, Barbossa had a pet monkey named Jack.
- The Price of Freedom (First mentioned)