- "Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the most popular movie franchises in history, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Tides of War will immerse fans directly into the action like never before. With the fifth installment of the franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, coming out soon, this new game will allow players to engage further with the world of Captain Jack Sparrow and the other iconic characters in new ways."
- ―Hanseo Jo
Pirates of the Caribbean: Tides of War is a free-to-play naval warfare game that was released on May 10, 2017. Inspired by Disney‘s popular Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise, the game features all sorts of characters, ships, and lore from the films. The game is available on iOS and Android.
The game reveals a pirate whose name and design are chosen by the player, in which they must face the East India Trading Company after the events of At World's End, as well as build ships, train troops, and battle against other players or monsters lurking in the waters. The player usually receives advice from Joshamee Gibbs, who insists on taking part in completing certain goals that allow the player to level up.
To take advantage of the fifth installment of the franchise, Dead Men Tell No Tales, players can experience the game like never before by engaging with the world of Captain Jack Sparrow and other iconic characters (such as Shansa) in new ways.
- Jack Sparrow
- Joshamee Gibbs
- Shansa (First appearance)
- Calypso (Mentioned only)
- William Turner Jr.
- Elizabeth Swann
- Hector Barbossa
- Banshee (First appearance)
- Spectral Sawfish (First appearance)
- Giant Lobster (First appearance)
- Cursed Wanderer (First appearance)
- Ancient Octopus (First appearance)
- Mutated Whale
- Sea Serpent
- Charybdis (First appearance)
- Dead Man's Chest
- Heart of Davy Jones
- Ships in Bottles
- Jewel of Atlantis (First mentioned)
- Doubloon (Mentioned only)
- Isla de Muerta
- Atlantis (First mentioned)
- Shansa's Cave (First appearance)
- Crow's Nest Inn (First appearance)