- "Before the Black Pearl was cursed, there was a young captain named Jack Sparrow."
- ―Legends of the Brethren Court tagline
The series takes place after the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow, in which he was a teenager, and takes place thirteen years before the first film in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. Tia Dalma sends him and his crew off to collect nine pieces of mystical metal known as Shadow Gold scattered all around the world to stop the alchemist, the Shadow Lord who gains his power from the gold from destroying the Pirate Lords with his Army of Shadows. Along the way, Jack is aided by his fellow Pirate Lords, including his first mate, Hector Barbossa, and is chased by the East India Trading Company everywhere he goes.
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Turning Tide
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Wild Waters
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Day of the Shadow
Behind the scenesEdit
- Originally, the Legends of the Brethren Court series was to be chronicled in six volumes. However, they only ended with five volumes because the story concluded in Day of the Shadow.