|For other uses, see Pirate Captain (disambiguation)|
|Also known as|
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "This be a fact no hand will contest: The wonders o' nature begin in th' nest."
Not much is known about this man's life. It is known however, that he became a pirate, and that he was capable enough to become a captain. He was part of a pirate crew that sailed the Caribbean in search of a cursed treasure hidden in the subterranean grotto of Dead Man's Cove. But despite managing to find the cave where the treasure was hidden, the pirates were too greedy to share the treasure, so they killed each other in betrayal. The Captain's skeleton remained standing forever while leaning on the wall of the cave, where a seagull made a nest in the dead pirate's hat.
Behind the scenes
- This character was named "Pirate Captain" in the Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies book and "Pillager" in the 2006 toy figures line.
- One of Marc Davis's concept artworks for the ride shows Anne Bonny and Mary Read sharing the Captain's share of the treasure.
- The character's scene was slightly altered in the Battle for the Sunken Treasure attraction where the Pillager is leaning against the ship's mast, not the wall of the cave.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (ride) (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure