Beatrice Kelly (sister)
|Also known as||
|Behind the scenes|
- "Congratulations! It's your wedding day."
- ―Pierre Kelly to Jack Sparrow
It is unknown when Pierre Kelly was born or where he came from, but when he grew up he became a pirate in the Caribbean. At some point in his life he made some sort of deal with the pirate Captain Jack Sparrow, and Sparrow ended up owing him a plunder of silver. He also put together his own crew.
Jack's wedding Edit
In 1751, Jack Sparrow, Carina Smyth and Henry Turner appeared on Hangman's Bay, the island in which Kelly and his crew resided. Kelly tried to force Jack to marry his sister, Beatrice Kelly, to settle his debt. Jack refused to marry her, but Kelly threatened him with a flintlock pistol.
Jack still refused to marry her, but ended up accidentally saying 'I do'. But before Beatrice could kiss him, they all heard a gunshot and turned to see Hector Barbossa and his pirate crew, who had arrived to rescue Jack. Barbossa proceeded to shoot Kelly in the leg. Kelly was hauled away by his men. His further fate is unknown.
Behind the scenes Edit
- Pierre Kelly was portrayed by Ken Radley in Dead Men Tell No Tales. The character was credited as Pig Kelly in the film but the real name was revealed in film's novelization and Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector's Anthology.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- ↑ As evidenced by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: Movie Graphic Novel, the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales are set in 1751.
- ↑ The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth, p197-198.
- ↑ Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector's Anthology, p114.