- "Congratulations! It's your wedding day."
- ―Pierre Kelly to Jack Sparrow
It is unknown when Pierre Kelly was born or where he came from, however when he grew up he became a pirate in the Caribbean. He and his pirate gang resided on the island of Hangman's Bay, where Kelly captained at least a few small ships. The inhabitants were known to have hosted weddings and other such ceremonies in the large skeletons of whales. At some unspecified point in his life he settled a deal with the pirate Captain Jack Sparrow, and Sparrow ended up owing him a plunder of silver.
Jack's wedding Edit
By 1751, Pierre Kelly was still growing his pirate gang, and had gained the nickname "Pig Kelly" from his snorting laugh. His sister, Beatrice Kelly, had recently been widowed and was residing on the island with Pierre and her two small children. However, Jack Sparrow, Carina Smyth, and Henry Turner soon appeared on Hangman's Bay, having been caught in one of Kelly's traps in the nearby woods and subsequently found by Pierre's gang. After awakening from being knocked out by the gang, Jack found himself in a large whale skeleton with Kelly, his gang, and Henry and Carina in best man and bridesmaid costumes. Jack recognised Pierre as "Pig" Kelly, and immediately attempted to convince the fierce captain that they were at good terms. Kelly only guffawed and declared that, in order to settle his debt, Jack must marry the widowed Beatrice Kelly. Jack refused to marry her, but Kelly threatened him with a flintlock pistol.
Jack still would not marry her, but ended up accidentally saying "I do" after Henry asked if anyone had any objections. However before Beatrice could kiss him, everyone present heard a gunshot and turned to spy Hector Barbossa and his pirate crew, who had arrived to "rescue" Jack. Barbossa proceeded to shoot Kelly in the leg with his blunderbuss, leaving the captain lying crippled on the ground. Kelly was then hauled away by his men. His further fate remains unknown.
Behind the scenes Edit
- Pierre Kelly was portrayed by Ken Radley in Dead Men Tell No Tales. The character was credited as Pig Kelly in the film but the real name was revealed in the film's novelization and Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector's Anthology.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- ↑ As evidenced by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: Movie Graphic Novel, the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales are set in 1751.
- ↑ The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth, p197-198.
- ↑ Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector's Anthology, p114.