None (Tube Worms)
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
Reverted back to his human form
BiographyEditPalifico's general appearance was more reef than man, with a fire coral crest atop his head, and a coral-and-bone structure forming a tough exoskeleton on his body. In place of eyes, nose, and mouth, Palifico had a cluster of tentacles and two tube worms sprouting from his eye sockets. He wielded twin, barnacle-encrusted blades in combat; a dao and a cutlass that gradually fused to his hands. It's possible that he was Davy Jones's personal body guard. He was known to enjoy eating live fish, though despite his appearance, retained his human values: in particular, he felt it appropriate that Captain Jack Sparrow went down with his ship, the Black Pearl, during the Kraken's attack off of Isla Cruces. He was an angry and hopeless individual during his decades of servitude under Jones, though the experience provided him with extensive nautical abilities.
Prior to this decisive battle, Palifico was one of the crew members who summoned the Kraken to destroy the Edinburgh Trader, and was partly responsible for the murder, on Jones's orders, of the survivors of the ship's destruction. He later fought for the Dead Man's Chest on Isla Cruces, and returned to the Flying Dutchman for the stand-off with the Black Pearl.
Palifico continued to serve aboard the Flying Dutchman when Davy Jones served the East India Trading Company. Like the other crewmen, Palifico reverted back to his human form when William Turner became captain of the Flying Dutchman during the battle of Calypso's maelstrom.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Palafico was portrayed by Winston Ellis in Dead Man's Chest and At World's End. He was voiced by Steven Jay Blum in the At World's End (video game).
- Palifico's name is spelled "Palafico" in certain sources and the credits of Dead Man's Chest.
- Palifico was produced as an action figure (as "Flying Dutchman Cursed Pirate") by Zizzle in the first wave of Pirates of the Caribbean "Heroes and Villains" line.
- In a collector's edition Dead Man's Chest chess set, Palifico is the bishop for the black side.
- In Pirates of the Caribbean Online, he is known as Kelpbrain and Thrall Captain, where he can be found on Isla Tormenta.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean (film series)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Complete Visual Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Proof of Palifico in human form
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- ↑ http://www.keeptothecode.com/gif/comiccon06/017.jpg
- ↑ Zizzle: Dead Man's Chest "Heroes and Villains" Wave 1
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest