| "Aye, sea turtles!"|
"What did he use for rope?" The factual accuracy of this article or section is disputed.
Old Bill was a pirate who operated during the Golden Age of Piracy. Bill was one of the many pirates who attacked Puerto Dorado, and he was later seen drinking in the Captain's Daughter in London. Wherever he went, Old Bill was always seen trying to persuade stray cats into joining him in drinking a few rounds of rum.
Nothing is known about Old Bill's early life. Like many other pirates, Old Bill ends up greatly drunk after drinking rum. He was mostly seen trying to persuade a group of cats to join him in drinking a few rounds of rum, but with little success.
Life as a PirateEdit
One day, he would join the pirate crew of the of the Wicked Wench. He participated in the Pirate Captain's raid on the Spanish island of Isla Tesoro. Old Bill and his mates successfully invaded the island and captured the main settlement, Puerto Dorado. During the attack, he could be seen opposite of an exhausted pirate sitting on the other side of the waterway, offering stray cats a bottle of rum.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Old Bill, portrayed by Boyd Clack, was going to appear in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides when Jack Sparrow enters the Captain's Daughter tavern. But for unknown reasons, Old Bill never made it into the final cut of the film. Though his scene appeared as a deleted scene in the On Stranger Tides Blu-ray/DVD release.
- In 2006, the toy figure of Old Bill was released under the name "First Mate".
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Estimation based on Boyd Clack's age during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and the fact that On Stranger Tides takes place in 1750.
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean action figures
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Pirates of the Caribbean (ride)
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides "Old Bill" Deleted Scene
- ↑ PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4: ON STRANGER TIDES Set Visit Video Blog | Collider | Page 74306