|Points of interest|
|Behind the scenes|
The Caribbean (Mentioned only)
Rising in the East (Mentioned only)
- "I was just wondering, why is it that we are no longer pointed in the direction of North Carolina. As you said we would be?"
- ―Billy Turner to Jack Sparrow[src]
Spanish colonial forces were the first Europeans to make a permanent settlement in North Carolina, when the Juan Pardo-led Expedition built Fort San Juan in 1567. English colonists, sent by Sir Walter Raleigh, unsuccessfully attempted to settle Roanoke Island in 1585 and 1587.
In 1653 the first permanent settlements were established by English colonists from Virginia near the Roanoke and Chowan rivers. The region was established as an English proprietary colony in 1663–1665. After the Queen Anne's War in 1714, the coast of North Carolina became a pirate nest. The worst of the pirates were expelled when the British Royal Navy killed and beheaded the infamous pirate Edward "Blackbeard" Teach in 1718, though that was only one of the pirate's many legends.
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean (First mentioned)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East (Mentioned only)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Day of the Shadow (Mentioned only)