Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My Jolly Sailor Bold was a sea shanty.
Relation to Pirates of the Caribbean
In Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, only the final verses of "Jolly Sailor Bold" make an appearance. This song is forcibly sung by Scrum in order to attract the mermaids. Tamara's first appearance in the film was singing the song, while the other mermaids were coming up, shortly before she attacked Scrum and the other crewmen.
- Upon one summer's morning, I carelessly did stray,
- Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay,
- Conversing with a bouncing lass, who seem'd to be in pain,
- Saying, William, when you go, I fear you will ne'er return again.
- His hair it does in ringlets hang, his eyes as black as sloes,
- May happiness attend him wherever he goes,
- From Tower Hill, down to Blackwall, I will wander, weep and moan,
- All for my jolly sailor bold, until he does return.
- My father is a merchant—the truth I now will tell,
- And in great London City in opulence doth dwell,
- His fortune doth exceed ₤300,000 in gold,
- And he frowns upon his daughter, 'cause she loves a sailor bold.
- A fig for his riches, his merchandize, and gold,
- True love is grafted in my heart; give me my sailor bold:
- Should he return in poverty, from o'er the ocean far,
- To my tender bosom, I'll fondly press my jolly tar.
- My sailor is as smiling as the pleasant month of May,
- And oft we have wandered through Ratcliffe Highway,
- Where many a pretty blooming girl we happy did behold,
- Reclining on the bosom of her jolly sailor bold.
- Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be
- Who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea,
- While up aloft, in storm or gale, from me his absence mourn,
- And firmly pray, arrive the day, he home will safe return.
- My name it is Maria, a merchant's daughter fair,
- And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year,
- My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
- There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
Behind the scenes
- In the ending credits for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the song was credited as "Jolly Sailor Bold", and that it was arranged by John DeLuca, Dave Giuli and Matt Sullivan.
- Despite being in the film, this song was not released as a part of the film's soundtrack.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (ride)
- The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides