|This article is about the captain of the Wicked Wench. You may be looking for the Pirate Lord Henry Morgan.|
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "It's up to you now, Jack. This compass points towards what you want most. Never betray it."
- ―Morgan to Jack Sparrow
- "Hang on, boys!"
- ―Morgan to his crew
At some point in his life Morgan became a captain of a pirate ship called the Wicked Wench. The Wicked Wench and her crew were part of the pirate fleet that tried to end Armando Salazar's reign of terror when the villainous Spanish capitán attempted to clean the seas from piracy. In a fierce battle off the coast of the mysterious Devil's Triangle the last pirates in the Caribbean joined forces in an attempt to sink Salazar's ship, the dreaded Silent Mary, but the mighty warship and her crew proved to be unstoppable.
Soon, most of the pirate fleet was burning and sinking, and the Wicked Wench was the only pirate ship left afloat. Mortally wounded when the broadside from the Silent Mary hit the Wench's quarterdeck, Morgan gave his compass to Jack, an 18-year old boy, telling him never to betray it.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Morgan was portrayed by K. Todd Freeman in Dead Men Tell No Tales. The character was credited as Captain Morgan.
- It is possible that Morgan is based on the original pirate captain of the Wicked Wench from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disneyland. It is also possible that the name Morgan was taken from the real-world pirate Henry Morgan.
- Morgan tells Jack Sparrow to never betray his compass in Dead Men Tell No Tales. In the film's comic book adaptation, however, Morgan tells Jack to never betray the pirate's life.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The timeline established in On Stranger Tides (which takes place in 1750) and Dead Men Tell No Tales (which takes place in 1751) sets the battle off the Devil's Triangle around 1708.
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Novelization, p156.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
|v • d • eCrew of the Wicked Wench|