The moon was the natural satellite of the planet Earth. A ray of light reflects from the moon known as moonlight, an illumination made by the light from the moon.
According to Pirate Lore, the Aztec curse that lied upon the Treasure of Cortés caused any man who took a single piece to be revealed as a skeletal form in the moonlight. Legends also tell that a mermaid's radiant appearance, their greatest weapon, can be noticed while the light of the moon illuminated her skin. During his attempt to conquer the Caribbean, Jolly Roger made a curse that caused any pirate caught in the rays of the moonlight to turn into Roger's undead servant. There was also a phenomenon known as old moon in the new moon's arms.
Behind the scenes
- On Stranger Tides had some moonlit settings which never made it to the final cut of the film, some that was only written in the screenplay. One scene that was thought of but never filmed was a gentle and eerie scene of Jack Sparrow waking up in transit, coming out of his drug-induced sleep, swaying in the hammock, not knowing where he is. He would be surrounded by strangers and being watched over by zombies in the moonlight. And while the dance scene between Jack and Angelica aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge was filmed, the moonlight setting was never shown even though the scene took place at night.
- Jack Sparrow: The Age of Bronze
- The Price of Freedom
- Six Sea Shanties: Strangers Bearing Gifts
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Revenge of the Pirates!
- Chain Reaction!
- The Sidekick!
- Open Sesame!
- The Buccaneer's Heart! (Non-canonical appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Master of the Seas
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (film series)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: The Visual Guide