The Mediterranean Sea was a sea of the Atlantic Ocean, located between southern Europe and northern Africa. It was almost entirely enclosed by land; its connection to the Atlantic Ocean was only nine miles wide. It was an important ocean for trade between ancient civilizations such as Egypt, Rome, Greece, Carthage, Persia, and Phoenicia. It was also home to ancient pirates. The notorious pirate Jack Sparrow sailed across the Mediterranean at some point before he joined the East India Trading Company. When Sparrow was captured by the Barbary Corsairs, he was taken to the Turkish prison. He later escaped in the middle of the Mediterranean to the Black Pearl.
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Wild Waters
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Day of the Shadow
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- The Price of Freedom
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Complete Visual Guide
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (DVD featurette)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Price of Freedom: Fair Winds and Black Ships
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: The Complete Visual Guide, p90-91: "Pirate Lords"