|Also known as||
The Rich Pirate
|Behind the scenes|
- "Wildcats! I bid 200 for the pair!"
"Offering them as a lot!"
- ―The Marquis D'avis, a pirate and the Auctioneer
Not much is known of the Marquis D'avis's life, but it is known that he would still live in Shipwreck Cove by the mid-1720s. One night, he would join a group of pirates as the Auctioneer led an auction on two wenches, Scarlett and Giselle. Throughout the bidding, the Marquis D'avis and some others would bid for Scarlett, whom they would refer to as the "redhead". After a while, the bidding would end with the Marquis D'avis winning the bid with seven hundred and two goats.
There was soon an argument, where the Marquis D'avis asked whether the wenches were for sale or not, in which the Auctioneer quoted what was in the Pirate Code. It was then that Mungard would interfere and, after Giselle slapped him, caused another stir. The madness would end with Mungard firing his pistol, causing the bullet to hit the Code. The Auctioneer, still holding the Code, fell backwards to the ground. Everyone, including the Marquis D'avis, stared in shock of what just happened.
The Marquis D'avis and the other pirates whisper among themselves about Mungard shooting the Code. It was then that Mungard ordered the Code to be locked up and warned the crowd of pirates that if any of them spoke a word of what occurred, that he would have their tongues. His further fate is unknown.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Marquis D'avis was portrayed by Walter Williamson in Wedlocked.
- The name "Marquis D'avis" is likely a tribute to the late Marc Davis, a Disney Imagineer who worked on the original POTC ride.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Estimation based on Walter Williamson's age during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean: Tales of the Code: Wedlocked, and the fact that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides takes place in 1750, several years after the events of Wedlocked.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Pirates of the Caribbean: Tales of the Code: Wedlocked