Dead Men Tell No Tales
The final adventure begins!
Read more >
Learn about Captain Jack's new enemy
Read more >
Spirit of the Ride
From Disneyland to the Big Screen
Read more >
Dead Man's Chest gameplay trailer -- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game
LEGO Dead Man's Chest
NextGenWalkthroughs LEGO PotC - Pt. 2 - Ch. 1 Pelegosto
NextGenWalkthroughs LEGO PotC - Pt. 2 - Ch. 5 The Kraken
- "That's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen."
"So it would seem."
- ―Theodore Groves and James Norrington
was an officer of the British Royal Navy and the East India Trading Company. Bewigged and resplendent in his uniforms, Groves acted under the Union Jack, owing his allegiance to King George II and Country. Groves had shown true loyalty to his crew members, no matter what disaster occurred.
With the forces stationed at Port Royal, Groves served as an Royal Navy officer under the command of Commodore James Norrington. He was later promoted as lieutenant and served aboard the HMS Endeavour, the flagship to Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company. Groves accompanied Beckett's armada in their war to wipe out piracy from the world. During the battle with the pirates, Groves gave the order to abandon ship when Beckett couldn't give the order to fire at the Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl. Several years later, Groves would had been promoted to lieutenant commander and participated in the quest for the Fountain of Youth. Groves sailed aboard the HMS Providence, the pride of the King's fleet, with a British crew under the command of Captain Hector Barbossa, a former pirate and privateer in King George's court.
Pirates of the Caribbean Wiki is not associated in any official way with the Walt Disney Company or any additional subsidiaries or affiliates.
The characters as well as "Pirates of the Caribbean" are TM and © (copyright) Disney, Jerry Bruckheimer Films, and their related entities.
- 05/26/17 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales was released in theaters.
- 05/05/17 – The world premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales at the Shanghai Disney Resort.
- 4/27/17 – Johnny Depp surprised fans showing up dressed as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates Ride in Disneyland.
- 4/19/17 – Post-production officially concluded on Dead Men Tell No Tales. The first print of the film was sent out.
- 3/28/17 – A test screening for Dead Men Tell No Tales was held during CinemaCon at Caesars Palace. Initial reactions to the film were highly positive.
- 3/2/17 – The first official trailer Dead Men Tell No Tales was released.
- 2/5/17 – An Extended Look for Dead Men Tell No Tales was released during the Super Bowl.
- 10/2/16 – The first teaser trailer and poster for Dead Men Tell No Tales were released.
- 09/28/16 – Joe Books begins publishing Pirates of the Caribbean comic books.
- 06/16/16 – Shanghai Disneyland and Treasure Cove opened to the public.
- 3/24/16 – Reshoots for Dead Men Tell No Tales began in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- 3/24/16 – Paul McCartney joins the cast of Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- 1/20/16 – Disney moved Dead Men Tell No Tales to May 26, 2017, taking the place of Star Wars Episode VIII, which was delayed to December 2017.
- 8/24/15 – Dead Men Tell No Tales was also showcased at the Walt Disney Content Showcase in Africa in 2016 where concept art, story details and on set images were previewed
- 8/15/15 – Dead Men Tell No Tales was showcased at the Disney D23 Expo 2015 where Johnny Depp appeared in costume as Jack Sparrow, the film's logo was revealed, and Orlando Bloom as Will Turner confirmed to return in the film.
- 7/21/15 – Director Joachim Rønning announced via Instagram that filming for Dead Men Tell No Tales has wrapped.
- 2/17/15 – Disney announced that production for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales has commenced on location in Australia.
- 11/6/14 – The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow's final day of operation before closing.
- 07/23/14 – Walt Disney Studios announces July 7, 2017 as the new release date for Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
- 03/18/14 – Bob Iger unveiled creative details about Treasure Cove and a new Pirates attraction designed for the Shanghai Disney Resort.
- 09/6/13 – A.C. Crispin, the author of The Price of Freedom, died.
- 08/22/13 – Directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg revealed that the fifth film would be titled Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- 05/31/13 – A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas debuts at the Magic Kingdom Park.
- 05/29/13 – Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg were reported to direct Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
- 03/28/13 – Richard Griffiths, who portrayed King George II in On Stranger Tides, passed away at the age of 65.
- 01/14/13 – Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures announced a release date for Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 10, 2015.
- 01/11/13 – Jeff Nathanson had been hired to write Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.