A – B – C – D – E – F – G – H – I – J – K – L – M – N – O – P – Q – R – S – T – U – V – W – X – Y – Z
- "I signed up to sail under Jack Sparrow, not some pretender."
"And a lady at that."
- ―Salaman and Ezekiel[src]
Traditional calling when a sailor sights land.
Land of the DeadEdit
- "The only reason I would want Jack Sparrow returned from the Land of the Dead is so I can send him back myself!"
- ―Sao Feng[src]
A book or journal used for keeping notes, especially one for keeping accounting records. The Harbormaster's ledger records the details of every ship and sailor tying up at the dock. Jack Sparrow's handful of coins, a small bribe to keep his arrival a secret, ensured that he doesn't appear in it.
- "Jones' terrible leviathan will find you, and drag the Pearl back to the depths and you along with it!"
- ―Bootstrap Bill Turner to Jack Sparrow[src]
Leviathan (pronounced /lɨˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan Tiberian Liwyāṯān ; "twisted, coiled"), is a sea monster referred to in the Tanakh and the Bible. In Demonology, Leviathan is one of the seven princes of Hell and its gatekeeper. The word leviathan has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. During the Age of Piracy one of the EITC ships of the line was named the Leviathan.
- "This is a beautiful sword. I would expect the man who made it to show the same care and devotion in every aspect of his life."
- ―James Norrington to Will Turner[src]
The state between birth and death; the essence of the manifestation and the foundation of the being; the subjective and inner manifestation of the individual. The world in general, existence.
- "You are not used to wearing colors?"
"My people decorate their clothes with color, but the basic fabric is usually white linen."
- ―Esmeralda and Ayisha[src]
Thread or cloth made from flax fiber. Domestic textiles, such as tablecloths, bedding, towels, under clothes, etc, that are made of linen or linen-like fabrics of cotton or other fibers; linens.
- "Be not deterred, gentlemen. I have a fresh consignment of fine Peruvian llamas due in a fortnight."
A South American mammal of the camel family, Lama glama, used as a domestic beast of burden and a source of wool and meat.
- "Set topsails and clear up this mess."
"With the wind at quarter astern, we won't catch them."
"I don't need to catch them, just get them in range of the long nines."
- ―James Norrington and Theodore Groves[src]
A term used in reference to a person whose reckless behaviour endangers others; derived from the threat posed by loose cannon rolling about a warship under sail.  Ian Mercer described Davy Jones as such following the destruction of a pirate fleet.
A term of an intense feeling of affection and care towards another person; a deep or abiding liking for something; A profound and caring attraction towards someone. The object of one’s romantic feelings; a darling or sweetheart; a term of friendly address, regardless of feelings.