| "Truth? No truth at all."|
This article is non-canon.
Kingdom Keepers is a series of novels for young readers. It was written by Ridley Pearson and published by Disney Hyperion. The first novel, Disney After Dark, was published in 2005, the second, Disney at Dawn, was released on August 26, 2008, the third, Disney In Shadow, was released on April 6, 2010, the fourth, Power Play, on April 5, 2011, the fifth, Shell Game, on April 3, 2012, the sixth, Dark Passage, on April 2, 2013, and the final book, The Insider, on April 1, 2014. It contains several elements from the Pirates of the Caribbean mythos.
In the books, the main characters are kids who sign up for a program at Walt Disney World and end up at Disney World as holograms at night. Their mission is to stop the Overtakers, a group of villains from Disney-inspired media trying to escape the park and take over the world.
Connection with Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Audio-Animatronics of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride led by a pirate calling himself Blackbeard come to life and attack the protagonists when they first appear in the parks.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is where Maleficent is hiding in the first book.
- The animatronic pirates return in the third book and attack the protagonists on Tom Sawyer Island.
- Calypso is an antagonist in the later books, and is the main adversary of the sixth book.
- An overtaker resembling Jack Sparrow attacks Finn in the fifth book. Whether or not it was Jack Sparrow or not is mere speculation at this point.