Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs."
- ―Jack Sparrow
The keel is the main and beginning part of the ship. It is essentially a large wooden beam carved in the shape of the bottom of the ship. The hull planks are build from it as a base, and around it. The keel can alter the center of gravity on the ship. Damage to the keel in combat means almost certain sinking.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides