After the defeat of Hector Barbossa and his cursed crew, Jack Sparrow became captain of the Black Pearl once again. At some point afterwards, prior to Jack's search for the Dead Man's Chest, Jack was reunited with an old flame: Angelica. While the two were together in Martinique, Angelica gave the lace to Jack, who would continue wearing it on his left wrist through the rest of his adventures. Getting the lace was a manner of brief discussion between Jack and Angelica, in which Jack thought that he got it from Saint Dominique.
Behind the scenes
- The original backstory for this lace was made by Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow) and costume designer Penny Rose, during the production of Dead Man's Chest, in which they decided that Jack's lace was "a trophy piece from a young lady". It was revealed in On Stranger Tides that Angelica was the young lady.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Notes and references
- ↑ Jack Sparrow was never seen with the lace in The Curse of the Black Pearl, therefore Jack had to have gotten the lace before the events of Dead Man's Chest.
- ↑ Jack Sparrow continued to wear the lace as of the events of On Stranger Tides.
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- ↑ "Captain Jack: From Head to Toe" - Dead Man's Chest Special Feature
- ↑ STEAL THIS LOOK: Johnny Depp's Guide to Captain Jack's Style Entertainment Weekly - May 13, 2011