|For other uses, see Jack (disambiguation)|
|Behind the scenes|
A member of Jack Sparrow's family, Jack was Edward Teague's brother and Jack Sparrow's uncle. One day he was arrested by the British authorities in St. Martin. While he was singing Maggie Mae and playing poker in his cell, his nephew was dragged by the British soldiers through the corridor. Recognizing each other, Sparrow and Jack had a brief conversation about Captain Salazar's vengeance on pirates, before Sparrow was taken away for execution. His further fate is unknown.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Jack was portrayed by Sir Paul McCartney in Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- According to the directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg Jack takes the role that would have been filled by Jack Sparrow's father Captain Edward Teague if Keith Richards would have been available to travel to Australia during the filming of Dead Men Tell No Tales. When Richards was found to be unavailable due scheduling conflicts, Johnny Depp called Paul McCartney to appear in the film and he accepted.
- Since this character is Edward Teague's brother, it is possible his full name is Jack Teague.
Notes and references Edit
- ↑ Estimation based on Sir Paul McCartney's age during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and the fact that DMTNT takes place in 1751.
- ↑ 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Directors Talk Paul McCartney Cameo
- ↑ Sir Paul McCartney replaced Keith Richards in Pirates at The List