|Points of interest|
|Behind the scenes|
- "We were off the coast of Hispaniola when we came under attack."
- ―Hector Barbossa to Jack Sparrow[src]
Hispaniola was an island north-east of Port Royal. The southern end of the island was the location of the city. Around the city was a jungle and in the jungle, there was an ancient Aztec temple. The pirate-infested island of Tortuga laid off the coast of this massive island.
- "Do you recall Saint Dominique?"
"La Martinique. I tried to kill you in Saint Dominique."
- ―Jack Sparrow and Angelica[src]
After 1697, the island was divided into two colonies, one Spanish and one French. The French colony became known as Saint Dominique.
At some point before the quest for the Fountain of Youth, Angelica and Jack Sparrow were in St. Dominique, and she unsuccessfully tried to kill him there. In the late 1740s, after the War Against Piracy, the Black Pearl was attacked by Blackbeard's ship, the Queen Anne's Revenge, off the coast of Hispaniola. The attack was successful, and the Pearl was captured.
Behind the scenes
- Hispaniola appears in the video game Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned. But, since that game was canceled, it is unknown if the island's appearance in the game is canon or not.
- Hispaniola appears in Tim Powers' novel, On Stranger Tides, which was used as the basis for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
- Jack Sparrow: The Coming Storm (First mentioned)
- Jack Sparrow: Silver (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (video game) (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (DVD featurette)
|Locations in Pirates of the Caribbean|