|For other uses, see Helmsman (disambiguation)|
|Also known as||
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
Wrecked ship's crew
|Behind the scenes|
- "What terror lurks in the mind o' stout 'arted seamen...battling the angry seas?"
Not much is known about this man's life. It is known however, that he became a pirate, and that he was part of a pirate crew that sailed the Caribbean in search of a cursed treasure hidden in the subterranean grotto of Dead Man's Cove. When they came near Isla Tesoro, their ship was wrecked on the rocks. The pirate's skeleton remained at the helm of the wrecked ship, steering the wheel for all eternity.
Behind the scenes
- The Helmsman's scene was redesigned in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure attraction where the skeleton magically transforms into Jack Sparrow.
- The Helmsman inspired the first poster of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- In 2006, the toy figure of the skeleton helmsman was released under the name "Helmsman".
- Unused narration recorded for the ride identified the wrecked ship as the Royal Fortune.
- In the At World's End video game there is an area in Davy Jones' Locker called "The Stormy Ship". There, an unknown pirate steers the wheel of his wrecked ship for eternity. This may be a reference to the helmsman from the ride.