| "We are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things."|
The title of this article is conjectural.
|Hector Barbossa's pirate pistol|
|Behind the scenes|
Barbossa was given a new pistol.
- "I bet you can take out at least one pirate with that pistol of yours. Or scare 'em off with your face! Ha! And away we go!"
- ―Jack Sparrow to Hector Barbossa[src]
This pistol was a weapon favored by Captain Hector Barbossa, Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea. It was a single barreled flintlock pistol that he used most notably during his time as captain of the Black Pearl.
Originally this elegantly engraved weapon belonged to a Spanish pirate who challenged Barbossa to a duel. Barbossa defeated and killed him, then took the pistol as his own. He used it throughout his early career as a pirate, and when he became the captain of the Cobra. When Barbossa joined the crew of the Black Pearl, he kept this weapon.
Since then, Barbossa used this pistol wherever he went, and had it with him when he became First Mate of the Black Pearl. He used it it many battles alongside Jack Sparrow, and eventually in the mutiny. He still kept this pistol.
A Pirate's Weapon
For all those years when he was captain of the Black Pearl, Barbossa used this weapon. On Isla de Muerta he shot Pintel, one of his crewmen, to find out whether the curse was lifted or not. He used it in the battle that followed, until he was shot by Jack Sparrow, and killed. After its owner's death, the pistol remained in the cave, still on Barbossa's belt.
When he was ressurected, Barbossa continued to use this pistol. During the Battle of Calypso's maelstrom, Barbossa killed at least one East India Trading Company soldier with this pistol. After the battle, when the Pearl sailed to Tortuga, Barbossa kept the pistol, and was carrying it when he stole the Pearl from Sparrow a second time.
Design and Usage
The pistol is engraved with silver ornaments including a minature skull. It was decorarted with silver and gold around the barrel and handle. The barrel was longer than most pistols of this kind. In Barbossa's hands, this pistol was a good weapon, with which Barbossa killed his enemies in the way of a gentleman.
Behind the scenes
- In Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Barbossa uses this pistol to shoot pirates/players to prove their immortality after he turns them into undead beings.
- The Price of Freedom
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Caribbean
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Rising in the East
- Legends of the Brethren Court: The Turning Tide
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Wild Waters
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Day of the Shadow
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End