|Behind the scenes|
Dave Wittenberg (voice)
- "Hey, mate. Listen up, Jack. From the first day that dog, Vasquez, sailed into Port Royal, he be collecting payment thought of what he be calling 'protection'."
- ―Hanrahan to Jack Sparrow
Hanrahan was a bartender and a resident of Port Royal.
At some unknown point likely in his early life, Hanrahan took up residence in Port Royal. He would become a bartender at a bar in the town's Main Street, and was able to listen to many private conversations of travelers, pirates and other patrons. A very well-informed man, Hanrahan sold any valuable information he gathered to those who may desire it.
However, when Captain Vasquez sailed into Port Royal, he took advantage of its residents, forcing them to pay him for "protection". However, Hanrahan refused to pay him, and Vasquez's crew were sent to his tavern. They ruthlessly beat him, until Jack Sparrow appeared in the tavern, and fought the crew. After defeating Vasquez's men as well as a squad of Royal Marines who had heard the commotion and come into the tavern, Jack went to Hanrahan, who was cowering behind the bar.
Hanrahan informed Jack of Capitan Chevalle's hanging which would be taking place soon, as Sparrow was looking to rally the Pirate Lords including Chevalle. Luckily, the hangman's noose happened to be inside the bar, and Jack was able to sabotage it. Hanrahan also told Jack of Vasquez's arrival in Port Royal. His further fate remains unknown.
Behind the scenes Edit
- He was voiced by Dave Wittenberg.
- In eg the Ps2 version of the game, he is an unlockable character under the name "Town landlord".
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game): Official Strategy Guide