|For other uses, see Rope (disambiguation)|
The hangman's noose, also referred to as hanging rope or simply noose, was a well-known knot most often associated with its use in hanging a person. For a hanging, the knot of the rope was typically placed under or just behind the left ear. When the condemned drops to the end of the rope, the force was supposed to break the neck. The knot was non-jamming but tended to resist attempts to loosen it.
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales