|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "Say goodbye!"
- ―Grapple and William Turner
Grapple was dispatched with his other fellow crewmates and fought in the streets at Port Royal during the siege to reclaim the final gold piece from the chest, engaging William Turner in single combat. Grapple was sent crashing through a window by a shop sign dislodged by a cannonball. He survived, and returned aboard the Black Pearl.
During the battle against the HMS Dauntless, Grapple remained on board the Pearl with Mallot. They both began arguing over what foodstuff to eat first once the curse was lifted. It was at this point that Elizabeth Swann knocked Jack the monkey from the deck. Grapple and Mallot spotted the falling monkey, and raced on deck to find the attacker. Elizabeth sent a lifeboat swinging across the deck, toppling Grapple and Mallot into the ocean in pieces. His further fate is unknown.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Grapple was played by the late Trevor Goddard in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Grapple had the distinction of being one of Goddard's final film roles before his death along the direct-to-video comedy-drama Flexing with Monty, which was filmed in the 1990s. As such, both Johnny Depp and director Gore Verbinski paid tribute to him in the DVD commentary of The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Estimation based on Trevor Goddard's age during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, and the fact that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides takes place in the 1750s, approximately twenty years after the events of The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
|v • d • eCursed Crew|