There is no white East India Trading Company Flag, only a blue!--Uskok 09:11, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
- Actually there is.... Have anyone else noticed that there is also a true historical flag of East India Company (or Honorable East India Company) waving behind EIC-flag in the very start of the At World's End- it is the one with stripes and british flag at the canton- bit like US-flag... that may be why they used EIC-flag in th movies... that anyone wouldn't mistakenly believe Beckett's men are americans...Swashbuckler1138 18:36, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- That was Union Jack that you saw, the historical flag of Great Britain.--Uskok 12:04, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not so sure- there is union jack in it's canton yes but it seems to be this flag
- here- I'll check...
- By the powers, you're right. Fantastic! But that leaves us a question, which flag will we consider as the main EITC flag? --Uskok 11:51, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- It seems that during the time of Cutler Beckett- East India Trading Company used that blue flag with EIC- letters (which is purely fictional as well as Beckett himself) so that is probably the main flag- used by east india company's warships and forts.... the historical one was probably used before and after Beckett and also as secondary flag during his reign... It could also be that actual company's flag is the historical one and other is EITC army's and EITC navy's ensign (EIC- flag)- unfortunately we have no source for either theory- On Stranger tides may tell us more if we see Company ships in it...
...I checked that from the dvd It definitely is that real HEIC flag it cannot be original union jack because it has only one horizontal stripe while this has several of them... if you don't believe me with this evidence- get the dvd of the "At world's end" and that flag can also be seen very clearly in Sumbhajee minidocument in brethren court featurette in disc 2- you can see it in better lighting when narrator says "East india Trading company" it's most probably the same flag as in opening scene-
- And there definitely was real flag used in movie should we ask that from Gore Verbinski or Jerry Bruckheimer- i'm certain that it was that one not original union jack... check out those scenes again and you'll see- ironically in scene where it is shown best we can see only it's canton but it has those stripes and it is real flag used by East India Company at the time 1707-1801....Swashbuckler1138 18:52, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
Real coat of arms can also be seen both sides of the door in Beckett's cabin.... or it may be that it's not completely real coat of arms but there may be EIC symbol added in it... at least World's end sticker book shows the coat of arms like the real one but added EIC symbol in globe.... by the way where is coat of arms on EITC page from... it don't look like the one in movie....?Swashbuckler1138 19:00, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
There is also white variation of EIC symbol- it's used more like a tapestry- it has black symbol and nearly white background it is on the wall of the Beckett's office- something similar is also in At World's end game at the fort but i need to check out if that's white or lightblue... I'm not sure about that....Swashbuckler1138 19:03, June 19, 2010 (UTC)