The doors of the prison cells were built on half-pin barrel hinges, and were easily taken apart with a little leverage. William Turner helped build the cells, and was able to lever the hinges apart to free Captain Jack Sparrow. Apparently they're built similar to that of a ship's brig as Sparrow was later able to use the same trick to escape the Flying Dutchman's brig.
The surviving members of the cursed crew, notably Pintel and Ragetti, were later incarcerated here to await execution following the death of Hector Barbossa. Many were able to escape, while Jack Sparrow later freed Scurvy Joe while trying to locate a buried treasure cache.
Later, Capitaine Chevalle was arrested, he was locked up in the prison yard stockade. Jack sabotaged the platform, freed the prisoners, and closed off the guard routes to free Chevalle.
When Lord Cutler Beckett assumed control of Port Royal, he had William and Elizabeth Swann incarcerated, but later offered both their freedom in exchange for services to the East India Trading Company. Shortly after Elizabeth Swann's escape from Port Royal, Beckett's men captured a notorious French pirate, Capitaine Chevalle. For his crimes, Chevalle was set in stockades in the middle of Fort Charles. However, before Chevalle's hanging could commence, Jack Sparrow snuck into Port Royal to set him free. Sparrow sabotaged the hangman's rope, and then used a series of explosions to cover his and Chevalle's escape from the fort.
After gaining control over the Flying Dutchman, Beckett began his drive to purge piracy from the Seven Seas, Beckett had countless numbers of pirates and pirate allies imprisoned and executed at Fort Charles. It is unknown what happened to the prison after the end of the war against piracy.
- Edward Blackleg
- Christopher Brahms
- Thomas Heaton
- Stephen "Jonesie" Jones
- Charlie "Skins" Scott-Skinner
- Scurvy Joe
- Jack Sparrow
- Robert Swan
- Elizabeth Swann
- William Turner
- David Williams
- Marcus Wortham
Behind the scenes
- In the non-canon comic The Buccaneer's Heart!, the cursed crew, led by Bo'sun, invades Port Royal and imprisons James Norrington in this prison.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- The Capture of Jack Sparrow!
- The Buccaneer's Heart! (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Escape of Pintel and Ragetti!
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game) (PS2 version)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- ↑ The Escape of Pintel and Ragetti!
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Capture of Jack Sparrow!
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (video game)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named