|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
Fell into a ravine on Pelegosto Island.
- "Feast your eyes, Captain. All of them, faithful hands before the mast. Every man worth his salt. And crazy to boot."
- ―Joshamee Gibbs on the Motley crew, including Duncan.
At some point, Duncan joined the crew of the commandeered British Royal Navy vessel HMS Interceptor under Jack Sparrow. He had been hired by Joshamee Gibbs in Tortuga. They sailed through a storm, during which Duncan and the other crewmen were soaked in the rain. He looked over the rail of the Interceptor into the sea as the ship passed through a dangerous passageway the next day. They later arrived at their destination, Isla de Muerta, where Jack Sparrow and William Turner went into the island alone. Will later came out without Jack, but the crew kept to the Pirate's Code and went on without him. When the Black Pearl attacked the Interceptor, Duncan and Kursar were stationed atop the mast, climbing up the rigging as the Pearl chased their ship. The Interceptor later turned around to fight the Pearl and its crew, but Duncan stayed on the crow's nest with Kursar. They fell off when the rigging was knocked down by a cannonball. Both survived and were taken prisoner with the other crewmen. They were imprisoned, left in the command of two cursed pirates. However they were later freed from their cell by Elizabeth Swann and took over the Black Pearl. Though they refused to help her rescue Will and Jack from Isla De Muerta, they later rescued Jack from the gallows and he became captain once more. 
Duncan continued to serve in Sparrow's crew for the next year, however he, Leech and many other crewmen planned to lead a mutiny on Jack. They were unhappy with Jack's leadership, and felt they needed to do more 'Pirate' things. When Jack suddenly woke them up in the middle of night, they rushed to their stations, shocked at their Captain's strange behaviour, especially when he ordered them not to retrieve his hat when it fell overboard. Later, when they were captured by the Pelegostos Tribe, Duncan was put in a bone cage dangling from a bridge between two cliffs with Leech, Moises, Crimp and two others. They attempted swing their cage towards the cliff side in order to climb up to reach the peak. As the Black Pearl needed only six men to crew it, Duncan and the others in his cage attempted to abandon the other crewmen and take over the Pearl. Duncan let out a horrid laugh as they abandoned their crew mates. However, they ended up dying a brutal death when they were scared by a snake, and as a result let go of the cliff side, snapping the rope and letting their cage fall down a ravine. All six of them perished. 
Behind the scenesEdit
- Duncan was portrayed by M. Scott Shields in The Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest.
- Despite having been killed early in Dead Man's Chest, Duncan can be seen in the background of several battle scenes later in the movie loading cannons and fighting. This is due to some footage originally shot for The Curse of the Black Pearl being used in the second movie.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Notes and referencesEdit