|Points of interest||
|Behind the scenes|
- "This here's a dark place. You'll need more than that cutlass if you're to get out of here with your skin."
- ―Hector Barbossa[src]
Devil's Anvil was a small, rocky island located between Tortuga and Port Royal in the Caribbean Sea. Its shape roughly resembled that of a giant blacksmith's anvil. This island had a treasure-laiden cavern, where Captain Hector Barbossa could be found haunting the island at, known as "Barbossa's Grotto".
During the War of Jolly Roger, Captain Hector Barbossa could be found haunting the island known as Devil's Anvil, where he was known to provide information that only a dead man could know. Barbossa was known to have resided in a treasure-laiden cavern known as Barbossa's Grotto, along with his pet monkey Jack, which was full of gold. The beach was also home to Cursed Scorpions and Cursed Crabs, minions of the undead pirate Jolly Roger.
A treasure-laiden cavern, this was the hideaway of Captain Hector Barbossa, who could be found haunting the island. The cave was full of gold, jewels and portraits of Governor Weatherby Swann. This grotto was the place where Barbossa gave visiting pirates their first pistol and instructs them in the use of the pistol by using his pet monkey Jack for target practice.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Pirates of the Caribbean Online, this is the location where the player's character receives their pistol tutorial by Captain Barbossa and Jack the Monkey.
- The location of Devil's Anvil, "between Tortuga and Port Royal", indicates that the island is placed somewhere in Windward Passage.
- Barbossa's Grotto had treasure similar to that of Isla de Muerta's.
- It is possible that this was the place of Hector Barbossa's resurrection by Tia Dalma.