Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Haul those sheets! Run 'em! Run, keep running! Run as if the devil himself and itself is upon us!"
- ―Jack Sparrow
The first pirate flag of the infamous pirate Blackbeard was the black flag with the skeleton of the devil holding a goblet in one hand and a spear pointing to a bleeding heart in the other, a design he later used for his figurehead. The nightmarish vision painted on the stained glass window seen on the stern of the Queen Anne's Revenge, depicted dead men writhing in flames, stoked by devilish characters. Davy Jones' hat was shaped to effect devil horns, in effect making him known as the sailor's devil. When the young adventurer Jack Sparrow and the crew of the Barnacle attended the masquerade ball in a hotel in New Orleans, Jean Magliore and Tumen wore matching devilish masks, complete with horns and pointed eyebrows.
Behind the scenes
- According to Captain Charles Johnson's book, A General History of the Pyrates, Blackbeard's superstitious crewmen believed that Devil himself was sailing with them. A night before the battle of Ocracoke, when a pirate asked Blackbeard about the location of his buried treasure, Blackbeard answered that only him and the Devil know where the money is hidden.
- Jack Sparrow: The Coming Storm (Mentioned only)
- Jack Sparrow: The Sword of Cortés (Mentioned only)
- Jack Sparrow: Dance of the Hours (Mentioned only)
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Legends of the Brethren Court: Wild Waters (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First mentioned)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (junior novelization), p48.
- ↑ The Art of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: The Visual Guide, p38-39: "Blackbeard's Cabin"
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- ↑ Jack Sparrow: The Age of Bronze, p93