Sawfish bone sword
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
Reverted back to his human form
- "Get ready to face pain, and doom and in that order."
Crash was one of the crew members of the Dutchman who fought Will Turner aboard a wreck during Jack Sparrow's attempt to settle his debt with Davy Jones. He later restrained Bootstrap Bill Turner while the Kraken destroyed the Edinburgh Trader, with Will on board. Crash accompanied the crew to recover the Dead Man's Chest on Isla Cruces, and was one of the crew members that was run over by the large wheel that Will Turner and James Norrington where trapped on.
He remained onboard the Dutchman when the East India Trading Company assumed control of Davy Jones, his ship and its crew. He fought in the battle around Calypso's maelstrom, and reverted to his human form when Will Turner assumed command of the Dutchman.
Crash was identified by several unique distinguishing features that were the result of serving onboard the Dutchman. He had tendrils sprouting from one eye socket, and mandibles in place of a mouth. His right leg had been fused with a tentacle. He wielded the snout of a sawfish as a sword and was known to wield a pulley in combat. Crash also had tube worms hanging like a Rastafarian hairdo.
Behind the scenes
- Crash was portrayed by Patrick Hume in Dead Man's Chest and At World's End.
- Crash was apparently named for concept artist Crash McCreery, who created many of the Dutchman crewmen including Crash himself.
- In Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Crash was credited as "Seabeard".
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (video game)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and references