|For other uses, see Cook (disambiguation)|
|Also known as||
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "Aye, the Cook. Perfect."
- ―Blackbeard shortly before punishing the Cook
The Cook was a pirate who operated during the mid-18th century. During the quest for the Fountain of Youth, the Cook joined the crew of the Queen Anne's Revenge, where he took part in Jack Sparrow's mutiny. The Cook would be killed and later turned into a zombie, a fate handed to him by Blackbeard.
Not much is known about the Cook's early life, but it is known that he took the life of piracy prior to the mid-18th century. Several years after the War Against Piracy, the Cook went to the pub called the Captain's Daughter, located in Londontown. It was here that the Cook, along with a number of sailors and pirates, signed on to sail under Jack Sparrow.
Aboard the Queen Anne's RevengeEdit
Climbing aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the Cook worked as one of the ship's chef for the next five days, where he would work with a shanghaied Jack Sparrow. He later met with Jack and some of the other crewmen, who were not satisfied with sailing under Angelica and her zombie crew, and took part in Jack's mutiny aboard the Revenge. Jack's crew were soon victorious until Blackbeard himself came out of his cabin. Blackbeard, in response to being told that this was a mutiny, hung all of the crewmen, including the Cook, with the rigging of the Queen Anne's Revenge.
After Blackbeard asked which of the crewmen stood watch, in which Gunner turned towards the Cook. Blackbeard sent the Cook aboard a longboat where he would row across the ocean as the bow of the Queen Anne's Revenge turned towards the Cook's direction. As soon as the Cook rowed a couple of yards away from the ship, Blackbeard had his crew watch as the Revenge unleashed Greek fire upon the Cook. After a few firings, the Cook was killed and was later brought back to life—as a zombie. He later died, as all the other zombies, after Blackbeard himself died in the Fountain of Youth.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Cook was portrayed by Bronson Webb in On Stranger Tides.
- In the On Stranger Tides film, the Cook never appeared as a zombie onscreen, as he was last seen being fired upon by Blackbeard's Greek fire cannons. However, On Stranger Tides: The Visual Guide stated that the Cook returned as a zombie. A scene of the zombiefied Cook appearing in Blackbeard's cabin was in the film's screenplay as well as being included in the On Stranger Tides junior novelization.
- His name was first identified as "Cook", but he has an alias of "Chef" from the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set, "Queen Anne's Revenge".
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (First appearance)
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: The Visual Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Estimation based on Bronson Webb's age during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and the fact that OST takes place in 1750.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- ↑ Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (junior novelization), p81.
- ↑ In the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides screenplay, the zombies decomposed as Blackbeard died at the Fountain of Youth. But as that scene was altered, it is unknown of the fate of the zombies, though it is assumed that the zombies died as there were no zombies under Barbossa's command.
|v • d • eCrew of the Queen Anne's Revenge|