A – B – C – D – E – F – G – H – I – J – K – L – M – N – O – P – Q – R – S – T – U – V – W – X – Y – Z
To be forced to walk to one's death by stepping off a plank extending from the ship's side over the water.
- "Smell that? Whale oil. Stuff burns like a miracle from God."
"Can you make it work?"
"Made by the English! Let's not get our hopes up."
- ―Salaman and Blackbeard[src]
Any of various oils and fats extracted from the blubber of whales and used in the manufacture of soap and lubricants. Whale oil is used to light up the lighthouse in Whitecap Bay.
- "I suppose in exchange, you want me not to kill the whelp."
"No, no, no. Not at all. By all means, kill the whelp. Just not yet."
- ―Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow[src]
The young of a mammal; an insolent youth. Will Turner was referred to as "the whelp" by both Hector Barbossa and Jack Sparrow on some occasions. Jack Sparrow was once called "Teague's whelp" by Davy Jones.
- "But if you go and brave the weird and haunted shores at World's End, then you will need a captain who knows those waters."
- ―Tia Dalma[src]
An unhappy, unfortunate, or miserable person; an unpleasant, annoying person. Wretch was a term usually against those who were careless or spend a life as a miscreant, rogue, scoundrel, or pitiable person. The term "wretch" was referred to both Jack Sparrow and Angelica.